Saturday, January 10, 2009

Malessa and Ivans wedding!

I have to admit it was a very stressful day for me and Andy. From what I heard it was probably even more stressful for Malessa. Andy's jury duty did end up getting cancelled, so that was good. However Avah had had a late night and really early morning( we had to go up to bountiful, after we stopped in Orem to drop off on of Andy's drive cycles.) making her very emotional. While we were waiting for the happy couple to come out Avah started to scream at the top of her lungs in the temple waiting room. Luckily we were able to get her to calm down for the pictures.
The happy couple with their nieces and nephews.
Malessa and Ivan!!!
An hour before the reception I got to help decorate the room( apparently the person they had planed on cancelled the day before.), along with everyone else who was willing to help. I also got to help in the kitchen since the kitchen help was late. Quite a bit of other stuff didn't go as planed, but it was still a very good reception. Except the part where Avah snuck into Malessa's changing room. Malessa was in there with her and it didn't occur to me to look for Avah in there(apparently she really liked the mirror that was in there.) but I just about went into labor trying to find her. Luckily, before it got that far, Avah came running out of the changing room and started to play with some of the other kids. After I freaked out at her I had to sit down for a while. Anyway, Andy's aunts sang a couple of songs, they had the bouquet toss, and cut the cake, and everyone lined up by the doors to clap and cheer for them when they left for their honeymoon. We helped clean up a little(as much as I could while keeping Avah in sight) and then went home. It was a long but good day. I hope that Malessa and Ivan are very happy.


1 comment:

r said...

Sounds like.......fun. Just kidding :) I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.