Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sarah's first two weeks.

Let me give you the run down of what the first two weeks have been like... We came home Tuesday, Andy went back to work on Wednesday. Andy came home from work with a burning hot fever. Needless to say he went straight to bed. Thursday Avah woke up from her nap with the same fever. I spent that night on the couch with Sarah so Andy and Avah could get some sleep (I didn't get much.). Andy slowly is getting better. Avah seemed to be staying the same so on Monday we finally took her to a doctor who said that she had a viral infection and that it would work itself out in a couple of days. Five days later she does seem to be almost her old self again. Sarah has been eating like crazy, and is starting to stay awake for longer than two seconds. Now that Avah is getting better I have been letting her near the baby a bit more. She loves to be helpful. She hands me clothes when I'm changing Sarah's diapers(weather she needs them or not), she hands me the bottle of milk when I sit down(even if I'm not holding Sarah), and when Sarah cries Avah is the first one to comfort her by saying "shhhhhhh". I honestly do not know how you parents of more than one do it. I'm so tired right now I'm falling asleep standing up. Which is kinda scary when I'm holding one of the girls. Its a good thing they are soo cute, It is the only thing saving them from my too tired to handle their screaming moods. How long does it take for babies to sleep through the night? I can't remember when Avah did. Let me just make it clear that I am happy that I have both girls. I don't mean to sound like I'm not. I'm just really tired. That's understandable right?
P.S. In response to Ruth's question... yes that is a monkey on a leash that Avah is wearing in that picture. It was a gift from mum and dad for her to open when she meet Sarah. I don't know if it works yet but, she likes to wear it.


1 comment:

r said...

Wow. You sound way more upbeat than I would. Life is going to be pretty crappy (sleep wise) for you for quite a bit longer. It took Lucy until she was 3 months old to sleep through the night and even then it was hit or miss, but Hazel was doing it with in a month or so. Lucy was also colicky and adjusting to a climate change, I'm not sure how much that factored in. Who knows when Sarah will decide sleep is a good thing. Until then, I'm sorry. Good luck! It's hard, but you'll survive and get some sleep eventually. Then before you know it, Avah and Sarah will be entertaining themselves:)

Thanks for answering my question. I think I'm going to have to get one. Hazel 'got lost' (i.e. ran off) in the fabric store. She needs a leash and I need some heart medicine...

PS. I hope Andy and Avah have recovered. And thanks for not giving up the blog, I LOVE seeing pictures!