Monday, March 9, 2009

quick update on sarah

I have basically been put on bed rest, not by the doctor, but by Andy. While the doctor did say it was important for me to lay on my side with my feet up, if I sit up for two seconds Andy gets upset. I thought the doctor was going to do an ultrasound but he didn't. He did say that my cervix(?) was soft and open by two cm. which is a good sign for a vbac. He did also say that because of the possibility of toxemia he wont let me go late, but that inducing labor would cause greater risks. I had a big weight gain of @$lbs. and the bottom number of my blood pressure was a little higher than normal. Don't worry, the weight gain isn't as big as your probably thinking, and when the doctor saw the blood pressure numbers we've been keeping track of at home he wasn't as concerned. He did say that if the numbers go up steadily even a little we need to call him. So in a nutshell, I am not sure how I will be giving birth and am spending a lot of time off my feet. None of it matters as long as me and the baby are good and healthy afterward right?

1 comment:

r said...

I'm glad you're doing ok. You're right, it doesn't matter how it happens as long as you and lil Sarah are good and healthy. Keep taking care of yourself and keep me updated :)